Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

a sweet little pumpkin vase: how to

DSC_0148copy2

I’ve been wanting to try out this idea for awhile to share with my readers. I’ve seen these cute little pumpkin vases around but I never actually made one. Until now. And I’m happy to say it's really easy. And they’re so pretty too, in case you’re still looking for some Thanksgiving flower ideas.

These are the items I used:

  • miniature pumpkin
  • 2 oz mini cup
  • floral foam
  • flowers
  • marker and knife

DSC_0135copy

 

DSC_0138copy

Remember this is a close up shot so the pumpkin looks way bigger than it is.

DSC_0141copy

This is what’s inside once you cut into it, just clean it out and test to see if the cup fits in.

DSC_0142copy

Don’t forget to soak this foam for at least five minutes. You should always see the foam darken if it’s packed with water.

DSC_0144copy

DSC_0145copy

I’m using simple Mums here. The stems are nice and firm to push into the foam.

DSC_0146copy

This pumpkin is around 4 inches in diameter and I used ten flowers. So you probably want to use inexpensive flowers that you can buy in mass.

DSC_0147copy

Tell me if you try this, I’d love to hear how it goes.

I hope you’re having a nice weekend.

xoxo

Leslie

I’m linking up here:

http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/11/sns-162-refabbed-furniture.html

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So stinking cute! I might have to make these for my Thanksgiving table!

Jacqui Paterson said...

That is SO cute!!!!!! *hurries off to make an inferior version* ;)

Janet said...

I love this idea of the little pumpkin vase!!! Clever...

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that would be a really cute addition to the Thanksgiving table

Dear Lillie said...

so cute!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

That is really cute! If I was hosting Thanksgiving I would definitely be doing this. But we are going to my Mom's so I will let her do the decorating!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sooooo Cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...